- The Services may not be used to send or receive any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene, or menacing; or in breach of confidence, copyright, privacy or any other rights, or to send or receive any material the sending or reception of which transgresses any laws of the United Kingdom, whether Civil or Criminal.
- The Services may not be used to cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety.
- The Services may not be used other than in conformance with the Acceptable Use Policies of any connected networks and the Internet Standards.
- A Name may not be used in such way as to infringe the rights of any person, whether in statute or common law, in a corresponding trademark or name.
- Specifically, but without limitation, the transmission of computer viruses or pornography; forgery of addresses or other such data in IP packets; unauthorised access to the network management equipment of HNS or other Internet providers or their customers; mail bombing; mass mailing of unsolicited advertising material; and the transmission of live video or live audio or the use of IP multicast without authorisation from HNS are all unacceptable practices.
- HNS operates an open public network. This inherrently provides no security for data transmitted or received (including but not limited to cardholder data) It is the responsibility of the customer to provide adequete firewalling and encryption.
- All cardholder data transmitted over our network must be appropriately encrypted.
- No managed server or storage device may be used for the processing or storage of cardholder data without explicit written permission from HNS
- Any cardholder data stored by customers must reside within a lockable enclosure in either the Unicorn or Telehouse North data centres
- Where there is a conflict between our written Acceptable Use agreement and the Policy published at www.hns.net/aup.php the latter takes precedence. HNS reserves the right to change the Acceptable Use Policy to react to changes in the Internet or the use of the Internet.
- We consider that any application that overloads our Network by whatever means will be considered as making a profligate use of the Network and as such is NOT allowed. This also includes but is not limited to, running applications or services that are likely to be the subject of frequent DoS attacks.
We operate a fair usage policy for some of our contended Broadband services. This can be found here.
Some services including most that offer a burst facility are billed using the 95th percentile. Details of how this is calculated can be found here. It is the customers responsibility to understand the cost implications of using any burst facility provided before use.